Visit Doctors
Call Doctors
Ask Doctors
27 years
Hi Dr's. why i had something like a milk that goes out of my boobs
Aug 27, 2014

Dr. Rania Mousa General Medicine
This condition described is called galactorrhea .
It is a milky nipple discharge unrelated to the normal milk production of breast-feeding.
In itself isn't a disease, but it could be a sign of an underlying problem.
It usually occurs in women, even those who have never had children or after menopause. But galactorrhea can happen in men and even in infants.

Cause might be ,excessive breast stimulation, medication side effects or disorders of the pituitary gland all may contribute to galactorrhea.

Often, galactorrhea results from increased levels of prolactin, the hormone that stimulates milk production.

Sometimes, the cause of galactorrhea can't be determined. The condition may resolve on its own.

you may have beside this condition ,irregular periods ,or vision problems or headaches ,..

However If you have a persistent milky nipple discharge from one or both of your breasts and you're not pregnant or breast-feeding, make an appointment to see your doctor for further tests and evaluation of the cause

If breast stimulation such as excessive nipple manipulation during sexual activity triggers nipple discharge from multiple ducts, there is little cause for worry. The discharge probably doesn't signal breast cancer, but you should still see a doctor for evaluation.